Type to search

Insurance Agents

Discussing Insurance Coverage With A Commercial Property Adjuster

Sharing is caring!

In New York, commercial property owners purchase insurance to protect their investments. The insurance policies provide coverage for property repairs and serious financial losses. Certain policies might include coverage for liabilities an owner faces while operating a business. A Commercial Property Adjuster discusses what is or isn’t covered by the commercial property insurance.

Does the Owner Need Flood Insurance?

Commercial property owners are advised to purchase flood insurance for additional protection. Typically, the policies are required for properties that are in designated flood zones. However, if a major natural disaster occurs, the property damage could be catastrophic. Standard property insurance policies don’t cover excessive flooding.

Equipment and Electronics Used by the Company

The equipment and electronics are covered under property insurance policies. The equipment must be used by workers for business purposes. The policy doesn’t cover computers used for personal reasons. It does cover ovens, refrigerators, and appliances used by a restaurant owner. All machinery and equipment used by the business are listed in the policy.

Furnishings and Signs

Furnishings and signs inside the property are covered under the policy. All business-related items are appraised and included in the policy. For example, for a restaurant owner, all tables, chairs, and stools are covered. The interior and exterior signs for the establishment are covered. The property owner creates a list of all furnishings and signs they use for the business.

The Company’s Full Inventory

The full inventory in the commercial property is covered by property insurance. If a covered event occurs, the insurance provides funds to replace the inventory completely. Business inventory generates a serious loss for the owner if it is damaged or destroyed. The business owner purchases the items to sell to their customers.

In New York, commercial property owners purchase property insurance to protect their property and items on the property. Standard property coverage protects the building and business inventory. Certain equipment used by the business or their workers is included in the coverage. The claims adjuster process claims after damage or serious financial losses occur. Commercial property owners who want to learn more about claims can contact a Commercial Property Adjuster at Maximum Adjustment Inc right now. You can also follow them on Instagram for more information.